Monday 1 November 2010

The Challenge

Back in September I issued a challenge to anyone who fancied writing a story using a Ramones song title as the title for the story? The story doesn't need to be based on the song, it just needs to use the title.

I'm not big on rules but the minimal rules were:

1. Stories should be under 750 words, to reflect the fact that Ramones songs were really, really short.
2. Stories posted on your blog on 1st November (or thereabouts) and I'll put links to them all here. If you don't have a blog, I would be thrilled to post them here for you.
3. There needs to be a crime in it, but it can be as petty as you like.

For non-Ramones fans - what about 53rd and 3rd with its tale of a male prostitute:

"Then I took out my razor blade
Then I did what God forbade"

Or Blitzkrieg Bop's "Shoot'em in the back now"

And the rich implications of Teenage Lobotomy's:
"Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum" (which just have to be some of the finest lyrics ever!)

And then of course there's I Don't Wanna Go Down To The Basement, You're Gonna Kill That Girl, You Should Have Never Opened That Door, Born to Die in Berlin, Cabbies on Crack, Heidi is a Headcase, Too Tough To Die...lots of delicious inspiration there.

Here are 183 song titles (complete with lyrics).

No comments:

Post a Comment