Monday 1 November 2010

Patrick Moore - SOMEBODY PUT SOMETHING IN MY DRINK

My first thoughts were “Who on earth are the Ramones?” Then I was told that I could kill them off. I thought that they were dead already, they appear to have slaughtered many of their songs, most of which I had never heard of.

The list of songs appeared endless, then Somebody Put Something In My Drink appeared, I only hope it was toxic. A good murder by poison is what was needed, no need to look for bodies, their songs are littered with them.

Taking a look at the biography it was not surprising that they died the death of most “punk rock” bands, their so called music sounded awful to the sophisticated ear. It is not a surprise that the drink was adulterated with a substance not altogether palatable, one that would lead to an early demise.

So... Rest In Pieces Ramones.

5 comments:

  1. Now I see where Donna gets her wit, and perhaps a lot of her material. Great laugh with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could soon be a bigger fan of Dad than of Donna. (Only joking, Donna!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean, Bookwitch - my Dad is going to get all swollen-headed, when all he really wanted was to have a dig at my impeccable musical tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. impeccable musical tastes. Please dom't make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete